Since 2001, NLT has been producing solutions that combine IT ingenuity with industry intelligence for clients in commercial and government sectors. NLT has created a full-cycle systems and information technology company with a focus on Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Throughout its existence, NLT has successfully supported customer needs by organizing teams of technical professionals with diverse and highly specialized skills. Its success has been based on its personalized focus on customer service and satisfaction. NLT’s spectrum of expertise includes project management, systems engineering, data analysis and a high degree of specialization in GIS, and NLT offers consulting and staffing for GIS, Document Management Systems, Project Management, System Architecture, Database Services, Data Development, Web and Application Design and Development, Software Implementation, Mobile Technology Implementation, Training Services, and ongoing quality assurance/quality control.
What does NLT do?
NLT is founded on four core competencies which have consistently driven its success. The guiding principal of these four competencies is enterprise information systems.
- Core competency one: GIS and geospatial services. NLT provides primary data, source gathering and development, application and database development, staffing, and educational services for small or large projects.
- Core competency two: Mobile computing and deployment competency, a natural outgrowth of NLT’s geospatial work. Born out of the ability to deploy IT staff in addition to mobile GIS systems, NLT has a proven performance for mobile computing, including a city wide mobile computing platform for the Washington, D.C. government and a mobile computing deployment contract with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Core competency three: Electronic document management systems (EDMS). EDMS enables users to gather, digitize, and organize primary source documents of all types. A shining example of NLT’s EDMS capabilities is the enterprise document management system that it created for the Washington Metro Area Transit Authority (WMATA).
- Core competency four: IT consulting and staff augmentation services. NLT’s unique staff expertise enables it to provide solutions in project management, system architecture and planning, database design and development, web and application design and development, software implementation, data development and visualization, and more.
“In my 34 years in both the private and government sectors, I’ve never worked with a better team. They are responsive, knowledgeable, quality-driven, mission-driven, hard-working, and professional, and they manage to do it all in a manner that instills confidence.”
–Customer Project Manager, 2015 statement about the NLT team
Over the years, NLT has helped numerous commercial, federal, state, and local clients achieve the highest levels of return on their investments in IT technology. NLT’s work has garnered a number of awards that include:
- An Innovative Use of Technology Award from the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) for The DC Guide, which offers the most comprehensive set of geographic information available about the nation’s capital (NASCIO Award for The DC Guide).
- Special Recognition from National Infrastructure Support Technical Assistance Consultants (NISTAC) for our support of FEMA’s hurricane response efforts.
- Special Commendations by the Metropolitan Police Department (Washington, DC) for “exceptional professional skill and . . . consistent sustained excellence.”
- New Business Partner of the Year from ESRI (2006) and continues to be an ESRI Silver Tier Partner.